for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Carroll O'Connor: A Solid Performer
What do you know about actor Carroll O'Connor?
January 27, 2009
All in the Family
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Carroll O'Connor @ All Posters)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What position did Carroll O'Connor hold before becoming an actor?
C. dog trainer
D. English teacher
2. In which of the following movies did Carroll O'Connor play the part of a truck driver?
A. Lonely Are the Brave
C. Point Blank
3. In which of the following films did Carroll play the role of Major General Colt?
A. The Devil's Brigade
B. In Harm's Way
C. Kelly's Heroes
D. Lonely Are the Brave
4. O'Connor was among the actors considered for which of the following sitcom roles?
A. Jim Anderson on "Father Knows Best"
B. Ward Cleaver on "Leave it to Beaver"
C. The Skipper on "Gilligan's Island"
D. Ralph Kramden on "The Honeymooners"
5. What inspired "All in the Family" producer Norman Lear to set the show in Queens, NY?
A. Lear grew up in New York
B. it was O'Connor's suggestion
C. O'Connor's Queen's background and New York accent
D. all of the above
6. O'Connor played the role of Archie Bunker on the sitcom "All in the Family." What was Archie's original last name?
7. What marred the beginning of "All in the Family's" fifth season?
A. O'Connor's contract dispute over his salary
B. O'Connor wanted more say in the show's direction
C. O'Connor's illness
D. O'Connor's wife's illness
8. What role did O'Connor play in the 1980s series, "In the Heat of the Night"?
A. Detective Virgil Tibbs
B. Chief Officer Bill Gillespie
C. Officer Lonnie Jamison
D. Captain "Bubba" Skinner
9. In what 1990s TV sitcom did O'Connor play the role of Gus Stemple?
A. Mad About You
B. 3rd Rock From the Sun
D. Full House
10. What is the name of Carroll O'Connor's 1999 autobiography?
A. I Think I'm Outta Here
B. Me and My Family
C. I Barely Knew Him
D. We'll Meet Again
Conditions of Use