for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Thomas Edison - The Wizard of Menlo Park
More interesting facts on the life, career and inventions of Thomas Edison.
February 16, 2012
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Thomas A Edison
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Thomas Edison @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Thomas Edison was called the Wizard of Menlo Park. In which US state is Menlo Park?
A. New York
D. New Jersey
2. What was one of Edison's first jobs, given to him as a reward for saving a child's life?
D. turkey farmer
3. What handicap affected Edison, especially as he grew older?
4. What great communications company did Edison work for?
A. Bell Telephone
B. Atlantic and Pacific Telegraph Company
C. General Electric
D. Western Union
5. Edison's favourite invention was the phonograph. Its barrel was originally coated with tinfoil which was replaced by what substance?
6. Which employee of Edison's developed the alternating current (AC) theory of electricity, at odds with Edison's beliefs?
A. Nikola Tesla
B. Joseph Swan
C. George Westinghouse
D. Lewis Latimer
7. What activity did Edison think largely unnecessary?
8. Which famous industrialist had been an employee of Edison's?
A. Andrew Mellon
B. Dale Carnegie
C. Henry Ford
D. John Rockefeller
9. Edison was quoted as saying, "Genius is one per cent inspiration and ninety nine per cent _________?"
10. Which scientific writer, critical of Edison's trial by error practices rather than theoretical application, said of him, "He fostered a confusion between science and invention"?
A. Carl Sagan
B. Isaac Asimov
C. Arthur C Clarke
D. Stephen Hawking
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by