for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Margaret Sanger
Trivia quiz about the personal life and career of Margaret Sanger, American birth control activist, sex educator, and nurse.
October 01, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Margaret Sanger public domain photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Ms. Sanger was the first person to use what now common term?
B. back alley abortion
C. birth control
2. In New York City (1914) Ms. Sanger chronicled the deplorable conditions in NYC for women: self-induced abortions and frequent pregnancies in her monthly newsletter called what?
A. Scared in NYC
B. The Woman Rebel
C. Birthin' and Dyin'
D. Planned Parenthood Monthly
3. In 1916, Sanger opened the first birth control clinic in the United States. How was this received?
A. Ms. Sanger was arrested for distributing contraceptives.
B. Ms. Sanger was celebrated in NYC, but villified in the rest of NY.
C. Sanger was ex-communicated from the Anglican Church
D. Sanger was elected to the NY Legislature.
4. In New York, Sanger organized the first birth control clinic staffed by which of the following?
B. all female doctors
C. an entirely African-American staff.
D. B and C
5. Her mother, Anne Higgins, was a devout Catholic who went through 18 pregnancies in 22 years before dying at age 50 of what?
A. brain cancer
B. asthma attack
C. tuberculosis and cervical cancer
D. heart failure and cervical cancer.
6. Later in life, Ms. Sanger's father, Michael Higgins, became a what?
A. an atheist
B. activist for suffrage
C. Ku Klux Klansman
D. Both A and B
7. After becoming separated from her husband in 1913, Ms. Sanger was involved in what pioneering science fiction author?
A. Jules Vernes
B. HG Wells
C. Robert Heinlein
D. Edgar Rice Burroughs
8. Which famous philanthropist and political family member was a secret financial contributor of Ms. Sanger?
A. Joseph Kennedy
B. John Rockefeller, Jr.
C. Franklin Roosevelt
D. Teddy Roosevelt
9. In 1926, Sanger gave a lecture on birth control to the women's auxiliary of the ___________ in Silver Lake, New Jersey.
A. Hell's Angels
B. Ku Klux Klan
C. Young Republican's Convention
D. Young Democrat's Convention
10. One year prior to Ms. Sanger's death, the US Supreme Court legalized birth control, after hearing what case?
A. Plessy vs. Ferguson
B. Madburry vs. Maryland
C. Johnson vs. Kennedy
D. Griswold vs. Connecticut
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by