for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Paul "Bear" Bryant Basics
See what you know about the great 'Bama coach. -bill
*Mouse over Coach Bryant's image below for great Crimson Tide merchandise!
November 25, 2006
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: )
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What position did Bear Bryant play for Alabama in the early 1930s?
B. right offensive end
C. half back
2. In December, 1941, Bear Bryant was hired as head coach for the University of Arkansas, never to coach a game. What changed his mind?
A. he was offered the same job at Alabama
B. he got sick and couldn't coach
C. he enlisted in the U.S. Navy
D. he quit coaching and got a higher paying job
3. At which university did Bear Bryant land his first head coaching job?
A. University of Alabama
B. Texas A&M University
C. University of Kentucky
D. University of Maryland
4. What team did the 1961 Alabama Crimson Tide defeat in the Sugar Bowl to claim Bryant's first national championship?
A. University of Arkansas
B. University of Michigan
C. Oregon State University
D. Notre Dame University
5. In 1971, Bear Bryant revamped the Tide's offensive scheme by introducing what system?
A. T formation
B. run and shoot
C. wishbone formation
D. single wing formation
6. In November 1981, Bear Bryant recorded his 315th victory as the Tide defeated in-state rival Auburn University. This victory earned him the NCAA record for victories, surpassing whom?
A. Bennie Oosterbaan
B. Harold "Tubby" Raymond
C. Eddie Robinson
D. Amos Alonzo Stagg
7. The first African-American player to sign with Alabama happened in 1971 while Bear Bryant was coach. What was the player's name?
A. Wilbur Jackson
B. John Mitchell
C. Woodrow Lowe
D. Ozzie Newsome
8. How many national titles did Bear Bryant win during his career?
9. In February, 1983 President Ronald Reagan awarded Bear Bryant with what honor?
A. Presidential Citizens Medal
B. President's Certificate of Merit
C. Presidential Medal of Freedom
D. Presidential Medal for Merit
10. The NCAA awards the Paul "Bear" Bryant Award annually to what coach?
A. Coach of the Year
B. Rookie Coach of the Year
C. Winning Coach of the National Championship Game
D. Comeback Coach of the Year
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by