for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - 20th Century Inventors
The last 100 years have seen an incredible amount of technical inovation and applied science. See how well you know the names of some of the men who have been key to changing our lives.
December 10, 2006
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons: Thomas Edison)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who is known to have sent the first Radio signal in 1895?
A. Deitrich Sylvania
B. Gugliemo Marconi
C. Roger Philco
D. Edward Lamb
2. He was a pioneer in the development of the incandescent light bulb and in municipal electricity systems in the late 1800's early 1900's?
A. Eduardo Hertz
B. Allen Bradley
C. Seymour Simmons
D. Thomas Edison
3. He was an early innovator in the Automotible industry and is often credited with conceiving and creating the automotive assembly line in the early 1900's?
A. Henry Ford
B. Walter Chrysler
C. Nicolaus August Otto
D. Ransom Olds
4. What innovator in early aviation advanced the wind tunnel, the air propeller, and is widely regarded as having pioneered the first powered flight in the early 1900's?
A. Roger Boeing
B. Percy Pilcher
C. Orville and Wilbur Wright
D. Samuel Pierpoint Langley
5. The work of what two men together contributed tremendously to the age of electronic televisions in the late 1920's?
A. Vladimir Zworkin and Philo T. Farnsworth
B. Roger Philco and Glenn Smith
C. Hector Dunn and Ferdinand Sylvania
D. Charles Jenkins and John Baird
6. Who developed the first programmable computer around 1941?
A. Alan Bohr
B. Alan Turin
C. Konrad Zuse
D. Bill Gates
7. Who made a large contribution to the creation of the credit card around 1950?
A. Ralph Schneider
B. Carlos Visabonte
C. Clayton Mercant
D. Augustus Clark
8. He was a significant contributer to the development of the fast food industry in the early 1950's.
A. David Thompson
B. David Elias
C. Michael Campbell
D. Ray Kroc
9. Working separately, what two men created the first integrated circuits around 1959, allowing for modern computers?
A. G.W.A. Dummer and Edward Skinner
B. Jack Kilby and Robert Noyce
C. Steven Jobs and John Gibbons
D. Tedd Hoff and William Maggie
10. Who developed the HTTP and HTML protocols, ushering in the age of the world wide web?
A. Robert Metcalfe
B. David Boggs
C. Tim Berners-Lee
D. Leonard Kleinrock
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by