for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Bowling: All About the Rules
Test your knowledge of basic bowling facts. This should be an easy 10 points for most people !!
May 16, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Bowling Equipment@ bowlingonline.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the maximum weight of a bowling ball in regulation bowling?
A. 20 lbs
B. 16 lbs
D. 30 lbs
2. If you roll a strike in the 10th frame, how many more rolls do you get?
3. What are the channels on either side of the bowling lane called?
4. After rolling a ball you leave pins that are widely spaced apart and the head pin has been knocked down, what is that commonly known as?
A. A strike
B. A spare
C. A gutter ball
D. A split
5. If you are able to knock down all 10 pins on your first ball, what is that called?
A. A spare
B. A strike
C. A split
D. An error
6. What is considered a perfect score in bowling?
7. When you leave pins on the first roll and then you are able to pick them up on the second ball, what is that called?
A. An open
B. A split
C. A spare
D. A turkey
8. What score would you enter in the first frame if you roll a strike in the first frame, a strike in the second frame and then a 9 count spare in the third frame?
9. If you roll three strikes in a row, what do most bowlers call that?
A. A chicken
B. Four Leaf Clover
C. A turkey
D. A rabbit
10. If you step over the foul line in regulation or league play, even if you knock down all pins, what do you receive as a score?
Conditions of Use