for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Pop Music Tidbits
HODGEPODGE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT SOME POP SONGS. -RAVIOLI
September 23, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Edmund Fitzgerald)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In the song, "You're So Vein" by Carley Simon, where is the total eclipse of the sun?
A. North Dakota
B. South Dakota
C. Nova Scotia
2. In the song "Bad Bad Leroy Brown," by Jim Croce, what two kinds of automobiles does Leroy Brown own?
A. Continental and El Dorado
B. El Dorado and Thunderbird
C. Thunderbird and Continental
D. Cadillac and Escort
3. In the song "Sweet Gypsy Rose" by Tony Orlando, what is Gypsy Rose's real name?
A. Mary Jo
B. Billy Jo
C. Sandra Sue
D. Thelma Lou
4. The song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald," tells of how many sailors being lost in a storm on Lake Superior?
5. Complete the line from the song "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald: "the searchers all say they'd have made __________ Bay, if they'd fifteen more miles behind her."
A. Blue Fish
6. In a popular song recorded in 1964, Petula Clark tells us "when you're alone and life is making you lonely, you can always go ________"
A. the movies
B. the drug store
D. the mall
7. On the day "The Music Died", who did the music world lose?
A. Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, Ritchie Valens
B. JP Richards, Bobby Sherman, Alan Freeman
C. Buddy Holly, Jim Croce, Bobby Darrin
D. Frank Sinatra, Sammy Davis, Dean Martin
8. Who sang about the colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky?
A. The Kingsman
B. The Kingston Trio
C. Louis Armstrong
D. Frank Sinatra
9. The Kingston Trio sang "Charlie on the MTA." What does MTA stand for?
A. Mississippi Transit Authority
B. Metropolitan Transit Authority
C. Minnesota Transit Authority
D. Maine Transit Authority
10. In the Song "High Hopes" by Frank Sinatra, what kind of plant is the ant supposed to be able to move?
A. magnolia tree
B. elm tree
C. rubber tree
D. birch tree
Pine River Consulting 2022