for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - San Diego Chargers History & Facts
How much do you know about the history of "The Bolts?"
January 16, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: San Diego Chargers Helmet @ chargers.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The San Diego Chargers began play as a charter member of the American Football League (AFL) in what year?
2. How many AFL Championships did the Chargers win before making the move to the NFL in 1970?
3. Lance Alworth was the first San Diego Charger to be inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1978. What position did he play?
4. What was the original name of Qualcomm Stadium, home field of the San Diego Chargers?
A. Charger Stadium
B. Balboa Stadium
C. Jack Murphy Stadium
D. San Diego Stadium
5. The Chargers had many high-scoring teams in the 1970s and 1980s, commonly known as "Air Coryell" (named after coach, Don Coryell). Which of the following players was NOT a member of "Air Coryell?"
A. Johnny Unitas
B. Chuck Muncie
C. Charlie Joiner
D. John Jefferson
6. The 1981 AFC Championship Game between the Chargers and the Cincinnati Bengals was played in unbearable conditions. The temperature was -9F and wind chill was -59F. This game has since been nicknamed what?
A. The Nice Bowl
B. The Snow Bowl
C. The Freezer Bowl
D. The Frostbite Bowl
7. The Chargers first trip to the Super Bowl came in 1995. Who was their head coach?
A. Bobby Ross
B. Don Coryell
C. Al Saunders
D. Dan Henning
8. The Chargers' jersey number 14 is retired. Who wore the retired #14?
A. Stan Humphries
B. Kellen Winslow
C. Lance Alworth
D. Dan Fouts
9. Pro-Bowl running back LaDainian Tomlinson was selected by the San Diego Chargers in the first round of 2001 NFL Draft. What number selection OVERALL was he in the 2001 NFL Draft?
10. What was Norv Turner's regular season record in his first year as head coach of the San Diego Chargers (2007)?
Conditions of Use