for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Harriet Tubman: Abolitionist, Humanitarian and Union Spy
I could write much more on this famous lady. If you've never read about her, you should. What an amazing life! * danalee *
December 07, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Harriet Tubman Public Domain Image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Harriet Tubman was born into slavery in what state?
C. North Carolina
D. South Carolina
2. Which of the following punishments did Harriet Tubman endure as a child slave?
D. all of the above
3. Harriet Tubman's first husband's name was:
A. Sam Tubman
B. Ben Tubman
C. John Tubman
D. David Tubman
4. How did Harriet Tubman finally escape the bonds of slavery?
A. she escaped with her brothers
B. she escaped by herself
C. she was released
D. she was a slave her whole life
5. What was the informal network of secret routes and safe houses that helped Tubman and many other slaves to freedom?
A. The Yellow Brick Road
B. The Golden Valley
C. The Slave Escape Route
D. The Underground Railroad
6. What was the first free state that Tubman crossed into when she escaped?
A. New Jersey
B. New York
7. After gaining her own freedom, Harriet helped other family members and friends escape to freedom. What nickname did Harriet receive for this kindly work?
8. What law forced law enforcement officials (even in states which had outlawed slavery) to aid in the capture of fugitive slaves, and imposed heavy punishments on those who assisted escape?
A. Fugitive Slave Law of 1850
B. Escapee Ruling of 1850
C. No Escape Clause of 1850
D. Slave Outlaw Act of 1850
9. In the late 1850s, Harriet worked with what famous abolitionist to fight slavery by planning a nationwide attack on slaveholders?
A. Reverend John Rankin
B. William Lloyd Garrison
C. Frederick Douglass
D. John Brown
10. In 1863, Tubman became the first woman in the Civil War to do what?
A. assist a doctor in surgery on a soldier
B. kill a Confederate soldier
C. become a scout for the Union Army
D. lead an armed assault
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by