for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Gary Cooper: Hollywood Icon
How much do you know about this film great?
April 05, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Gary Cooper Photo @ thebsreport.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Gary Cooper's birth name was:
A. Gerald Almanzo Cooper
B. Warren Almanzo Cooper
C. Gerrald Cooper Payne
D. Frank James Cooper
2. Cooper's career ran from 1924 - 1961. How many movies did he make?
3. Cooper received five Oscar Nominations for Best Actor. How many times did he win?
4. Who accepted Gary's honorary Oscar for him in 1961?
A. Frank Sinatra
B. James Stewart
C. John Wayne
D. Olivia DeHavalind
5. Why was Gary unable to attend the Academy Awards ceremony in 1961?
A. He was in England making a movie
B. He was dying of cancer
C. He was on his honeymoon
D. He was in Idaho on a hunting trip
6. At what job(s) was Gary unsuccessful before becoming an actor?
A. chef in a 5-star NY resturant
B. owner of a dry goods store in Helena MT
C. goat farming , private detective, and taxi driver
D. salesman of both electrical signs and theatrical curtains
7. Even though he was the director's first choice, Gary turned down the lead role in what Hollywood classic?
A. The Grapes of Wrath
B. The Wizard of Oz
C. Gone With the Wind
8. Gary was friends with what famous author?
A. Ernest Hemingway
B. Raymond Chandler
C. Dashielle Hammet
D. Louis L'Amour
9. What did Gary give to artist Pablo Picasso and teach him how to use?
A. A fishing rod and reel
B. A six-shooter
C. A camera
D. A lariat
10. What type of character did Gary play in his first movie role?
A. a cowboy with two broken legs
B. a doomed flyer
C. a patent medicine salesman killed in an Indian attack
D. a second class passenger on the Titanic
Conditions of Use