for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Margaret Mitchell: Southern Author
This quiz is about the author of my favorite books, which is the second question of this quiz so I won't mention its title here.
June 05, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Margaret Mitchell @ Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What happened to Margaret Mitchell's fiance, Clifford Henry?
A. he died during the flu epidemic of 1919
B. he left Margaret for another woman on their wedding day.
C. he was killed in action in France in WWI
D. he was hit by a car while crossing the street in Atlanta.
2. Of what famous novel is Margaret Mitchell the author?
A. "Forever Amber"
B. "The Good Earth"
C. "The Grapes of Wrath"
D. "Gone With the Wind"
3. What illness forced Margaret Mitchell to quit her job at the newspaper?
A. rheumatic fever
B. arthritis in her feet and ankles
4. What nickname did Margaret Mitchell give herself when she was a child?
5. What was Margaret Mitchell originally going to call the main character in her famous novel?
6. What did Margaret Mitchell call the first apartment in which she and her 2nd husband lived?
A. Home Sweet Hovel
B. Cloud 9
C. The Taj
D. The Dump
7. How did Margaret Mitchell die?
B. heart attack
C. hit by a car
D. drowned in the ocean
8. In what year did Margaret Mitchell begin writing her most famous novel?
9. Why did Margaret Mitchell leave Smith College after only one year?
A. to write her novel
B. to return home to care for her father and brother after the death of her mother
C. to earn enough money to buy a car
D. she was expelled for doing the Apache dance in public
10. What did Margaret Mitchell do with the chapters of her novel after she finished writing each of them?
A. burned them and re-wrote them
B. sent them to her favorite aunt
C. put them in manila envelopes and hid them
D. locked them in a box within the Bank of Atlanta's vault.
Conditions of Use