for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Chemistry Part I
How much do you know about the science of chemistry?
June 28, 2008
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Michigan State University)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is defined as "1/12 the mass of a Carbon-12 atom?"
B. Atomic Mass Unit
C. Periodic Table
2. How many protons does Hydrogen have?
3. What is defined as "the frequencies of light emitted by an atom as an electron returns to ground state?"
B. Emission Spectra
C. Spectral Analysis
D. 456 angstroms
4. Which is correct electronic configuration for nitrogen?
5. Which of the following elements is a noble gas and will not react under normal circumstances?
6. What is the number of suborbitals in the p orbital?
7. How many unpaired electrons does fluorine have?
8. An s orbital holds how many electrons?
9. The electron configuration of Bismuth is:
A. [He] 6s2 4f14 5d10 6p3
B. [Kr] 6s2 4d14 5d10 6p3
C. [Xe] 6s2 4f14 5d10 6p3
D. None of the above
10. What theory or principle states that it is impossible to know precisely both the velocity and the postion of a particle?
A. Quantum Mechanics
B. Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle
C. Electromagnetic Spectrum
D. Bohr Model
Pine River Consulting 2022