for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - William Frawley: Life-Long Actor
How much do you know about gravel-voiced actor, William Frawley?
August 29, 2008
I Love Lucy
My Three Sons
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: William Frawley @ Fred Society)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What person, close to William Frawley, disapproved of his pursuit of a career in show business?
A. his mother
B. his father
C. his grandmother
D. his grandfather
2. One of Frawley's notable film appearances was made in the 1947 holiday favorite "Miracle on 34th Street." What part did he play?
A. Kris Kringle
B. Frederick M. Gailey
C. Granville Sawyer
D. Charlie Halloran
3. What popular classic song was William Frawley the first-ever to sing? hint: he sung it in 1912.
A. It's a Long Way to Tipperary
B. On Moonlight Bay
C. My Melancholy Baby
D. Ragtime Cowboy Joe
4. Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz both liked the idea of William Frawley joining the cast of "I Love Lucy." However, Frawley had one "character flaw" that made both of them a bit nervous. What was it?
A. Frawley's reputation for forgetting his lines
B. Frawley's reputation for oversleeping and being late for taping
C. Frawley's reputation for being a hot head
D. Frawley's well-known alcoholism
5. Frawley was a big baseball fan. In fact, he had a clause written into his "I Love Lucy" contract that he did not have to work during the World Series if his favorite team was playing. What team was his favorite?
A. New York Yankees
B. Brooklyn Dodgers
C. Boston Red Sox
D. Chicago White Sox
6. What character did Frawley play in the 1950's television series "I Love Lucy"?
A. Fred Mertz
B. Jerry (Ricky's agent)
C. Ralph Ramsey
D. Ricky Ricardo
7. Frawley appeared in the ABC series, "My Three Sons," from 1960 to 1965 alongside Fred MacMurray. What was the name of his character?
A. Charley O'Casey
B. Michael Francis "Bub" O'Casey
C. Steve Douglas
D. Ernie Douglas
8. How was Frawley's character related to the sons on the television show "My Three Sons?
9. Frawley's final performance on-screen was in October 1965, making a cameo appearance in Lucille Ball's second television sitcom. What was the name of Lucy's show?
A. Here's Lucy
B. The Lucy Show
C. Life with Lucy!
D. Lucy and Friends
10. When Frawley died in 1966, Desi Arnaz took out a full-page ad in the trade papers, consisting of Frawley's picture, edged in black, with a caption reading:
A. "Buenas noches, amigo!" ("Good night, friend!")
B. "Le amo, amigo!" ("I love you, friend!")
C. "Amigos buenos para siempre!" ("Good friends forever!")
D. "¡Usted será echado de menos, amigo!" ("You'll be missed, friend!")
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by