for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - UCLA vs. USC Football Rivalry
Test your knowledge of the UCLA - USC football rivalry!
September 15, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The 1929 and 1930 games, the first-ever played in the rivalry, resulted in shutout wins for the Trojans. What were the scores of these two games?
A. 76-0 and 52-0
B. 68-0 and 49-0
C. 59-0 and 38-0
D. 72-0 and 44-0
2. To the winner of the annual UCLA-USC football game goes what trophy? hint: it's a bell!
A. Victory Bell
B. Los Angeles Bell
C. Winner's Bell
D. Governor's Bell
3. The 1939 UCLA-USC rivalry game marked several firsts. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
A. the first year where the Rose Bowl was on the line for both teams
B. the first time both teams were ranked going into the game
C. the first "home" game for UCLA
D. the first time the game ended in a scoreless tie
4. What was unique about the 1980 UCLA-USC football rivalry game?
A. both teams were undefeated and untied
B. neither team was bowl eligible due to probation
C. the game was played at California Memorial Stadium, due to inclement weather
D. both teams had new coaches, John Robinson for USC and Terry Donahue for UCLA
5. In 1988, USC quarterback Rodney Peete led the Trojans to a 31-22 victory over the Bruins. Only a week before, Peete had been hospitalized with what?
6. A fake kneel down followed by a hail mary into the end zone put UCLA up 31-0 over USC at halftime in the 1986 game. This play was dubbed as:
A. "Hail Mary, and One More Thing..."
B. "Hail Mary, and Eat That!"
C. "Hail Mary, and By The Way..."
D. "Hail Mary, and In Your Face"
7. In what year was the UCLA/USC "Game of the Century" played?
8. The first overtime game in the rivalry was played in what year?
9. In 2004, the rivalry game was switched to the first weekend of December to coincide with the conference championship games. On what weekend was it previously played?
A. first Saturday in November
B. second Saturday in November
C. third Saturday in November
D. fourth Saturday in November
10. UCLA won the rivalry game an amazing eight straight years between 1991 and 1998. USC followed-up with a streak of their own, winning how many straight games?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by