for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - One Hit Wonders of the 1950s
Artists who made the big time in the 1950s pop charts...and never did it again. One hit wonders!
September 22, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Carl Perkins Center)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. This singer went all the way up to number 17 in March of 1955 with "Pledging My Love", but on Christmas Eve of that year he died in a game of Russian Roulette. Who was this singer?
A. Prez Prado
B. Sonny Tillotson
C. Bobby Scott
D. Johnny Ace
2. Three different versions of this Christmas novelty song were on the charts at the same time in 1955, but all three of them turned out to be one hit wonders for the artists who recorded them. What was this song?
A. "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"
B. "Ebeneezer Scrooge"
C. "I'm Gettin' Nuttin' for Christmas"
D. "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"
3. This one hit wonder recorded "Cry Me a River" in 1955 and appeared on television in the 1970s as nurse Dixie McCall in "Emergency!" Who was she?
A. Julie London
B. June Foray
C. Patti Page
D. Ida Lupino
4. A group called the Cowboy Church Sunday School recorded this one hit wonder in 1955. It was later sung by Pebbles and Bamm Bamm in an episode of "The Flintstones". What was the song?
A. "Meet the Flintstones"
B. "Rock Around the Clock"
C. "Open Up Your Heart (and Let the Sun Shine In)"
D. "Old Time Rock and Roll"
5. This record was a 1959 one hit wonder for Stonewall Jackson, although a completely different record with the same title was a breakthrough hit for Abba in 1974. What was it?
C. "Mama Mia"
D. "Honey Honey"
6. The 1959 song "Woo Hoo" was a one hit wonder for The Rock-A-Teens but saw a resurgence in popularity when it was recently used in commercials for what product?
A. Verizon Wireless
7. In 1972, Michael Jackson had a hit with his cover version of what 1958 one hit wonder by Bobby Day?
B. "Rockin' Robin"
C. "Billie Jean"
D. "Beat It"
8. Jazz legend Count Basie had a one hit wonder in 1956 with what record?
A. "Mood Indigo"
B. "In the Mood"
C. "Moonlight Serenade"
D. "April in Paris"
9. Carl Perkins wrote and recorded this rock standard in 1956, but it and he became a one hit wonder. What was the song?
A. "Hound Dog"
B. "It's Now or Never"
C. "Blue Suede Shoes"
D. "Rock Around the Clock"
10. What game show host had a one hit wonder with "Deck of Cards" in 1959?
A. Bob Barker
B. Bob Eubanks
C. Gene Rayburn
D. Wink Martindale
Pine River Consulting 2022