for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - One Hit Wonders of the 1970s
Artists who made the big time in the 1970s pop charts...and never did it again. One Hit Wonders!
September 22, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Keith Carradine @ Yahoo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Dean Friedman became a one hit wonder in 1977 when he recorded what song about his date with "a nice Jewish girl"?
2. Loudon Wainwright III became a one hit wonder with this 1973 hit song about what dead animal?
3. Actor Keith Carradine had his one and only chart hit with this song from the motion picture "Nashville" in 1976. What was the song?
A. "Country Living"
B. "On the Road"
C. "Tennessee Birdwalk"
D. "I'm Easy"
4. Which of the following one hit wonders of the 70s was NOT also a television or movie actor?
A. Cliff DeYoung
B. David Soul
C. David Naughton
D. Carl Douglas
5. The 1973 hit single "I'm Doin' Fine Now" was the only hit single for what R&B group?
A. The Chicago Bears
B. New York City
C. The L.A. Express
D. The Detroit Soul Explosion
6. Which Sesame Street character became a one hit wonder with "Rubber Duckie" in 1970?
C. Oscar the Grouch
D. Big Bird
7. Despite being the most successful single release of the 1970s, this record also made a one hit wonder of the singer who recorded it. What was the record?
A. "You Light Up My Life"
B. "American Pie"
D. "Bridge Over Troubled Water"
8. What singer/guitarist, a member of one of the most successful rock bands of all time, became a one-hit wonder with his 1979 solo record "New York Groove"?
A. Joe Walsh
B. Lindsay Buckingham
C. Ace Frehley
D. Pete Townshend
9. Blue Haze became a one hit wonder in 1973 with its cover version of what 1958 number one hit by the Platters?
A. The Great Pretender
B. Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
C. Only You
D. Harbor Lights
10. You could call British singer Tony Burrows a jink because he was in how many one hit wonder bands of the 70s?
Pine River Consulting 2022