for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Bible - First Verses in Books
This quiz contains the first verse of a particular book in the Bible. Name the book for each.
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The Bible @ Achievement.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. "The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God." is the beginning of which book of the bible?
2. Which book of the bible starts "The elder unto the well-beloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth."
A. 1 John
B. 2 John
C. 3 John
3. The verse "Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Savior, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope." starts what book of the bible?
A. 1 Timothy
D. 2 Timothy
4. "The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." What book of the bible does this verse start?
5. What book of the bible starts with "Now it came to pass in the days of Ahasuerus (this is Ahasuerus which resigned, from India even unto Ethiopia, over an hundred and seven and twenty provinces)."?
6. "Now it came to pass in the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I was among the captives by the river of Chebar, that the heavens were opened, and I saw visions of God." is the start of what book of the bible?
7. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." begins what bible book?
8. What book of the bible starts with "In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem and besieged it."?
9. "The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth." is the first verse of what book of the bible?
A. 1 Peter
B. 2 John
C. 3 John
10. What bible book starts with "Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us."?
Conditions of Use