for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Apollo 11: Mission to the Moon
What do you know about the Apollo 11 mission?
July 15, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who was the commander of the Apollo 11 mission?
A. Neil Armstrong
B. Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin
C. Michael Collins
D. James A. Lovell, Jr.
2. What was the name of the lunar module that took the crew to the surface of the moon?
3. What was the name of the naval ship that retrieved the Apollo 11 crew from the command module as it floated in the Pacific Ocean on July 24, 1969?
A. U.S.S Independence
B. U.S.S Hornet
C. U.S.S Kitty Hawk
D. U.S.S Lexington
4. Where was the lunar landing site?
A. Sea of Nectar
B. Southern Sea
C. Sea of Tranquility
D. Sea of Clouds
5. What was the name of the multi-stage liquid-fuel expendable rocket used by NASA to propel the astronauts into space?
A. Atlas V
B. Jupiter C
C. Saturn V
D. Delta M
6. What did Buzz Aldrin do in private, at the time unbeknownst to the entire world, once he set foot on the moon?
A. received communion
B. took a nap
C. chewed a piece of gum
D. did a somersault
7. When the astronauts took off their helmets inside the lunar module after their moonwalk, they noticed a strong odor. What was it?
A. their moon socks
B. a short circuit in the lunar module
C. their urine bags
D. moon dust
8. Which of the following items did the astronauts NOT leave on the surface of the moon as "lunar trash"?
A. moon boots
C. urine bags
9. What did Buzz Aldrin witness from the lunar module during lift-off from the moon?
A. the U.S. flag toppling into the dust
B. the U.S. flag standing straight up
C. a pile of moon rocks they left spelled out in "U.S.A."
D. a plaque that they had left
10. What was the name of the command/service module used in the Apollo 11 mission?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by