for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ulysses S. Grant: 18th U.S. President
What do you know about Ulysses S. Grant, 18th U.S. President.
August 08, 2009
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Ulysses S Grant
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ulysses S. Grant @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Liutenant Ulysses S. Grant served in the Mexican-American War under what eventual U.S. President?
A. James Buchanan
B. Franklin Pierce
C. Millard Fillmore
D. Zachary Taylor
2. Among his Army colleagues, Grant's nickname was:
3. In what year did President Lincoln appoint Ulysses Grant General-in-Chief of all U.S. Armies?
4. General Robert E. Lee surrendured his Confederate army over to General Ulysses S. Grant at Appomattox Court House in 1865. In which state did this take place?
C. North Carolina
D. West Virginia
5. The 15th Amendment to the United States Constitution was ratified in 1870 during Grant's presidency. What did this amendment provide?
A. citizenship for freed slaves
B. voting rights for blacks
C. freed the slaves
D. voting rights for women
6. President Grant vetoed the Inflation Bill in 1874, promting many to credit him with reducing the aftermath of what?
A. Black Friday
B. The Whiskey Ring of 1875
C. The Panic of 1873
D. The Sanborn Incident
7. What Carribean island did President Grant propose to annex?
B. Santo Domingo (now the Dominican Republic)
C. Saint Lucia
8. What state was admitted to the Union during President Grant's administration?
9. In 1879, former President Grant was asked arbitrate a debate between China and Japan regarding the ownership of what land?
A. Sakishima Islands
B. Miyako Islands
C. Hong Kong
D. Ryukyu Islands
10. After his retirement, President Grant was diagnosed with throat cancer. What did he spend his final days doing?
A. writing his memoirs
B. feeding the homeless
C. overseeing the construction of a church
D. raising horses
Conditions of Use