for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Thomas Paine: Free Thinker of the World
Questions about the man whose writings inspired the American Revolutionary leaders and followers.
October 07, 2009
American Founding Fathers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Thomas Paine @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Thomas Paine was born in 1737 in which country?
2. In 1774 Paine was introduced to which revolutionary thinker?
A. Benjamin Franklin
B. Samuel Adams
C. Paul Revere
D. George Washington
3. In 1776 Paine's work advocating independence for the American colonies was published. It was titled?
A. Common Sense
B. The Rights of Man
C. A Call to Arms
D. Principles of Freedom
4. Which U S Revolutionary leader had Paine's words read to the Continental Army?
A. George Washington
B. Patrick Henry
C. Nathan Hale
D. John Paul Jones
5. In 1792 Paine was tried for treason in Britain in absentia for writing which treatise?
A. Age of Reason
B. Republic not Royalty
C. The Case for Independence
D. The Rights of Man
6. In 1792 he was elected to the National Convention of which country?
7. In 1793 he was jailed for 10 months in which country?
8. Which future U S President successfully argued for Paine's release, claiming him to be an American citizen?
A. Thomas Jefferson
B. John Adams
C. James Madison
D. James Monroe
9. Paine wrote, "It is only by the exercise of __________ that man can discover God." What quality was Paine referring to?
10. In 1809 Paine died a social outcast mainly due to his views on?
B. Sexual relations
C. Changes to America since independence
D. George Washington's failings
Pine River Consulting 2022