for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Lewis Carroll: English Author
How much do you know about English writer Lewis Carroll?
October 15, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Public Domain Photo of Lewis Carroll)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In Lewis Carroll's book, "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland", to whom did Alice first speak after jumping in the hole?
A. The rabbit
B. The Queen
C. The Cat
D. The mouse
2. Where was Lewis Carroll born?
A. North Yorkshire, England
B. Daresbury, Cheshire, England
C. London, England
D. Manchester, England
3. What was Lewis Carroll's real name?
A. Charles Lutwidge Dodgson
B. Lewis Carroll Dodgson
C. Charles Lutwidge Carroll
D. Lewis Carroll
4. In 1856, Carroll used the name Lewis Carroll for the first time when he published a poem. What was the name of the poem?
A. Fairy Sylvie
C. The Mad Gardner's Song
D. You Are Old, Father William
5. In 1876, Lewis Carroll produced a nonsense poem called?
A. Three Sunsets
B. A Tangled Tale
C. The Walrus And The Carpenter
D. The Hunting Of The Snark
6. What was the writing tablet invented by Lewis Carroll called?
7. Lewis Carroll invented an early version of a board game that is today known as what?
8. Lewis Carroll taught what subject at Christ Church College?
9. A childhood illness left Carroll with what handicap?
A. blind in one eye
B. deaf in one ear
C. useless right hand
D. crippled leg
10. The Carroll novel, "Sylvie and Bruno" had two different settings. One was Victorian Britain. What was the other?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by