for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George S. Patton: American Warrior
A brief coverage of the extraordinary life of the famous World War II general, George S. Patton.
October 30, 2009
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
George S Patton
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: George S Patton @ Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. George Smith Patton was born November 11, 1885 in which U.S. state?
2. Patton competed at the 1912 Stockholm Olympics in which event?
3. Patton served in the Mexican Expedition fighting Pancho Villa. Under which American general did he serve?
A. John J. Pershing
B. Douglas MacArthur
C. Dwight D. Eisenhower
D. Omar Bradley
4. In the 1930s Patton wrote a paper which postulated an attack by:
A. the Germans on Poland
B. the Japanese on Pearl Harbor
C. the Soviets on Germany
D. the Italians on Abyssinia
5. Following the D-Day invasion, Patton was given command of which army?
A. 1st Army
B. 2nd Army
C. 3rd Army
D. 4th Army
6. Patton infamously slapped a soldier in a military hospital who was suffering from:
A. shell shock
C. hearing loss
7. Patton's extraordinary advance as part of the Normandy invasion was eventually slowed by:
A. a German counter-attack
B. a lack of gasoline
C. an unseasonal winter blizzard
D. orders from superiors to stop
8. Patton is famously quoted as saying, "Wars may be fought with weapons but they are won by..."
C. public opinion
9. In which of these activities did Patton not participate?
C. presidential voting
10. What was Patton's nickname?
A. Uncle George
B. Old Hellraiser
C. Old Blood and Guts
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by