for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Winston Churchill: Legendary English Leader
The life of this pivotal Englishman of the 20th century.
December 20, 2009
World War II
British Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Winston S Churchill
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Winston Churchill @ Battlefield Site)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill was born where on November 30, 1874?
A. Sandringham Castle
B. Balmoral Castle
C. Blenheim Palace
D. Windsor Castle
2. Churchill served as a soldier and was captured during which campaign?
3. As First Lord of the Admiralty during World War I, Churchill was responsible for which disastrous campaign?
4. When Churchill first spoke to the House of Commons in May, 1940 as Prime Minister he offered his nation...
A. blood, toil, tears and sweat.
B. blood, toil, sweat and tears.
C. sweat, tears, blood and toil.
D. tears, sweat, toil and blood.
5. During World War II, Churchill embarked on a borrowing program from the USA to supplement supplies. This program was known as?
A. Good Neighbour Policy
B. Arms for Victory
C. Arsenal of Democracy
D. Lend Lease
6. When Churchill said, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few", to which few was he referring?
A. The armada that evacuated Dunkirk thus saving thousands
B. The Battle of Britain pilots
C. Bomber Command which successfully targetted German arms manufacturers
D. The D-Day invasion force
7. The 1945, the general election saw Churchill and his party defeated by whom?
A. David Lloyd George
B. Harold Macmillan
C. Clement Atlee
D. Neville Chamberlain
8. In 1953, Churchill was awarded the Nobel Prize for:
C. International Relations
9. In 1955, Churchill was re-elected Prime Minister, leading which party?
C. Free Britain
10. At what age did Churchill retire from politics?
Conditions of Use