for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Francis Drake: Naval Adventurer
The greatest sailor of his generation. Hope you like this Francis Drake trivia!
January 10, 2010
European Age of Discovery
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Sir Francis Drake @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Francis Drake lived most of his life during the reign of which monarch?
A. Henry VIII
B. Elizabeth I
C. Charles I
D. Mary I
2. How many siblings did Drake have?
3. Drake married twice. How many children did he have?
4. Under his commander John Hawkins, Drake did what?
A. transported slaves from Africa to the West Indies
B. circumnavigated Greenland
C. discovered the sea route to India
D. raided settlements in Virginia
5. Drake actively plundered the ships of which nation in an unofficial war?
6. Drake became the first Englishman to?
A. sail to Hudson Bay and back to England
B. circumnavigate the world
C. reach South America
D. sail into the Arctic Circle
7. In 1587 Drake famously "singed the King of Spain's beard" by sinking 33 ships in which harbor?
8. The Spanish Armada attacked England in 1588. What was Drake reportedly doing when he learned of the attack?
A. playing cards
B. playing bowls
C. appearing in a play
D. getting married
9. The coastal area of which U S state was originally named "New Albion" by Drake?
A. South Carolina
10. How did Francis Drake die?
B. in the Battle of the West Indies with the Spanish
C. in bed
D. his ship sank
Conditions of Use