for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Chinese Zodiac and New Year
A quiz about the signs of the Chinese Zodiac, and the related Chinese calendar.
March 11, 2010
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Art Institute of Chicago)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The Chinese year is based on what calendar?
A. Siamese Calander
B. Solor Calendar
C. Lunar Calendar
D. Julian Calendar
2. What Chinese ethnic group is most closely associated with the Chinese New Year?
3. In the western calendar what months does the Chinese New Year fall on?
A. September and October
B. December and January
C. January and February
D. June and July
4. How many signs are there in the chinese zodiac
5. How often do the signs of the Chinese Zodiac repeat?
A. Every week
B. Every month
C. Every year
D. Every 12 years
6. Which of the following is not a sign of the Chinese Zodiac
7. What color is arguably most associated with Chinese culture and the Chinese New Year
8. How celebrated is the Chinese New Year in China?
A. Arguably the biggest holiday of the year
B. One of several Holidays
C. It's a Holiday in Taiwan only
D. It's not celebrated as a Holiday
9. Someone born at the end of a Dragon year is said to be what?
A. A Dragon Tail
B. A Black Dragon
C. A Dragon Nose
D. A Snake Dragon
10. In the Chinese zodiac, what sign usually is told "Beware the Monkey and marry a horse or a dog"
Conditions of Use