for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Andy Griffith Show: Thelma Lou
What do you know about Barney's girlfriend, Thelma Lou of "The Andy Griffith Show"?
June 15, 2010
The Andy Griffith Show
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Thelma Lou Photo at amayberrystateofmind.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What actress played the role of Thelma Lou on "The Andy Griffith Show"?
A. Frances Bavier
B. Betty Lynn
C. Aneta Corsaut
D. Joanna Moore
2. In what episode did Thelma Lou make her first appearance on "The Andy Griffith Show"?
A. Cyrano Andy
B. Barney on the Rebound
C. Man in the Middle
D. The Arrest of the Fun Girls
3. What was Thelma Lou's last name?
D. it was never disclosed
4. We never learn of Thelma Lou's occupation. However, she once insinuated that she had to get back to work by saying she "had to get back to the..."
5. In the episode "The Farmer Takes a Wife," a farmer comes to town looking for a wife and chooses Thelma Lou. What actor played the part of the farmer, Jeff Pruitt?
A. Alan Hale Jr.
B. James Best
C. Max Baer
D. Bob Denver
6. Barney loves Thelma Lou's yummy fudge. What type of nuts does it have in it?
7. In the episode "A Date for Gomer," Thelma Lou sets Gomer up for a date with her cousin. What's her cousin's name?
C. Mary Ann
D. Mary Grace
8. Why do Thelma Lou and Barney break up?
A. she finds another boyfriend
B. he finds another girlfriend
C. she moves away
D. he moves away
9. In the episode "The Return of Barney Fife," Barney returns to Mayberry for a high school reunion. What does he learn about Thelma Lou?
A. she's still single and still in love with Barney
B. she has moved overseas and did not attend the reunion
C. she has married another man
D. she has become a nun
10. In the episode, "Barney and Thelma Lou, Phfftt," Barney's fear of commitment leads Thelma Lou to use another man to make him jealous. Who's the other man?
D. Rafe Hollister
Conditions of Use