for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - George Reid: 4th Australian Prime Minister
A man who resembled a walrus but who had sharp political instincts. George Reid, 4th Prime Minister of Australia.
August 14, 2010
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
George H Reid
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: George Reid)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Reid was born in February, 1845 in which country?
B. New Zealand
2. Which office did Reid hold before becoming Prime Minister?
A. Supreme Court Judge
B. Leader of the Federation movement
C. President of the trade union movement
D. Premier of New South Wales
3. The Federation referendum of 1898 saw Reid change from a strong supporter to one with ambivalent views. This earned him what nickname?
A. Yes-No Reid
B. Turncoat Reid
C. Old Jellyback
D. Weather-vane George
4. In the first Federal Parliament, Reid represented which party?
B. Free Trade
5. In the first ten years of federation, Reid held which position more than any other politician?
A. Prime Minister
B. Leader of the Opposition
C. Speaker of the House
D. Governor General
6. Reid's term of government was notable for what piece of legislation?
A. Establishment of a national rail gauge
B. Reduction of trade union powers
C. Creation of a court for settling industrial disputes
D. Establishment of equal electoral districts
7. Reid became Prime Minister in August 1904 and resigned in July 1905 when which two parties combined to vote him out?
A. Protectionist and Liberal
B. Free Trade and Labour
C. Protectionist and Labour
D. Liberal and Labour
8. In 1910 Reid accepted what position?
A. High Commissioner to Britain
B. Judge on the High Court
C. Governor General
D. Editor of The Sydney Morning Herald
9. In 1916 Reid was elected to what body?
A. British House of Commons
B. Head of the Imperial War Task Force
C. International Red Cross
D. Chairman of the International Monetary Fund
10. Reid was the first Australian Prime Minister to:
A. Fly in an aeroplane
C. Father a child while in office
D. Marry while in office
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by