for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Howard - 25th Australian Prime Minister
The story of the Prime Minister who never surrendered his dream of leading his nation
January 01, 2011
Australian Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John W Howard
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John Howard)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. John W Howard was born in Sydney in 1939. He received his middle name in honour of his father's political hero. What is Howard's middle name?
2. Howard developed his early political philosophy working at which enterprise of his father?
A. General store
B. Service station
C. Courier business
D. Printing factory
3. As a member of the Liberal Party, Howard represented which Sydney seat in federal parliament from 1974 to 2007?
4. In 1977, Howard was appointed to which position by the then Prime Minister, Malcolm Fraser.
A. Foreign Affairs
D. Attorney General
5. Howard was one of many leaders of the opposition from 1983 to 1996, mainly because of his rivalry with which Liberal Party politician?
A. John Hewson
B. Andrew Peacock
C. Alexander Downer
D. Phillip Lynch
6. As Opposition Leader, which contentious issue did Howard raise in 1988?
A. Removal of compulsory union membership
B. Lowering the voting age to 16
C. Provision of unemployment benefits for only six months
D. Asian immigration to Australia
7. Howard defeated Paul Keating in 1996 to become Prime Minister. How many elections did Howard eventually win?
8. Which of the following policies was not introduced by the Howard Government?
A. Ratification of the Kyoto Protocol on Climate Change
B. Goods and Services Tax
C. Work Choices
D. Gun control
9. Which world leader described John Howard as "a man of steel"?
A. Angela Merkel
B. George H W Bush
C. George W Bush
D. Tony Blair
10. Which positive result of the 2004 election peversely worked against the Howard Government?
A. Reduced representation of the coalition partner, the Nationals
B. Strengthening of the vote of the Australian Democrats
C. A coalition majority in both houses of parliament
D. The defeat of the Opposition Leader, Mark Latham
Pine River Consulting 2022