for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Vivien Leigh: Classy, but Troubled Actress
How much do you know about the lady with the cat-like smile, Vivien Leigh?
February 23, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Vivien Leigh Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What role did Vivien Leigh play in the 1939 film, "Gone With the Wind"?
A. Carreen O'Hara
B. Suellen O'Hara
C. Ellen O'Hara
D. Scarlett O'Hara
2. On August 31st, 1940, Vivien Leigh married Laurence Olivier. What actress was Ms. Leigh's maid of honor?
A. Bette Davis
B. Katharine Hepburn
C. Maureen O'Sullivan
D. Kim Hunter
3. What was Vivien Leigh's first film in which she had a credited role?
A. Gentlemen's Agreement
B. Look Up and Laugh
C. Things Are Looking Up
D. The Village Squire
4. Vivien Leigh won two Academy Awards for Best Actress. For her roles in which two films did she win the Oscars?
A. "Gone With the Wind" and "Ship of Fools"
B. "The Deep Blue Sea" and "Caesar and Cleopatra"
C. "Gone With the Wind" and "A Streetcar Named Desire"
D. "A Streetcar Named Desire" and "Waterloo Bridge"
5. Where did Vivien Leigh come up with her stage name of Leigh?
A. It was her best childhood friend's first name
B. It was her grandfather's first name
C. It was her first husband's middle name
D. It was her mother's middle name
6. With which of the following leading men did Vivien Leigh never star?
A. John Wayne
B. Clark Gable
C. Marlon Brando
D. Claude Rains
7. What role, originally given to Joan Crawford, was offered to and declined by Vivien Leigh?
A. Ellen Turner in "The Male Animal" (1942)
B. Miriam Deering in "Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte" (1964)
C. Mrs. Cornelia Hilyard in "Lady in a Cage" (1964)
D. Rachel Sangalletti Ashley in :"My Cousin Rachel" (1952)
8. For her role in what Broadway play did Vivien Leigh win a Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical?
A. A Midsummer Night's Dream (1937)
B. The Sleeping Prince (1953)
C. Ivanov (1966)
D. Tovarich (1963)
9. What was the only Stanley Kramer-directed film in which Vivien Leigh starred?
A. The Defiant Ones (1958)
B. Ship of Fools (1965)
C. Inherit the Wind (1960)
D. Judgment at Nuremberg (1961)
10. Of all the roles she played in various films, which was Vivien Leigh's favorite?
A. Myra Lester in "Waterloo Bridge" (1940)
B. Libby in "Sidewalks of London" (1938)
C. Cleopatra in "Caesar and Cleopatra" (1945)
D. Karen Stone in "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" (1961)
Conditions of Use