for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Tragic Place Names
An easy quiz on ten places from around the world that have become synonymous with tragic events.
April 07, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: 1974 Xenia, Ohio Tornado)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which Japanese city was the first occupied area attacked with a nuclear bomb?
2. In 1960 69 protesters were killed by police in what South African town?
3. Which Scottish town was the site where the exploded Pan-Am airliner came down in December, 1988?
B. Mull of Kintyre
4. Which town in Guyana saw the mass suicide of 913 members of the People's Temple sect in 1978?
5. Which Welsh village was the scene of a mudslip disaster which killed 116 children and 28 adults in 1966?
6. Which Vietnamese town saw the killing of over 300 villagers by U S troops in 1968?
A. Nui Dat
B. My Lai
D. Khe Sanh
7. Which English town saw 96 people crushed to death in its football stadium in 1989?
8. Which nuclear accident in 1986 is considered the world's worst in terms of the effects of radiation on the countryside and its inhabitants?
9. Which Indian town saw the deaths of over 2000 people in 1984 due to a Union Carbide gas leak?
10. In April, 1995 which U S city was attacked by a blast which killed 168 people and destroyed or damaged 324 buildings?
A. Oklahoma City
B. Jefferson City
C. Carson City
D. Kansas City
Conditions of Use