for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Margaret Thatcher - The Lady Who Was Not for Turning
Great Britain's first female Prime Minister had fans and haters in almost equal quantities. What do you know about life and career of Margaret Thatcher?
June 04, 2011
British Prime Ministers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Margaret H Thatcher
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Margaret Thatcher @ Worth 1000)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Margaret Thatcher was born in October, 1925. What was her maiden name?
2. Thatcher studied chemistry at Oxford but eventually qualified for which profession?
3. Margaret Thatcher was elected to parliament in the election of 1969, representing Finchley. In which English county will you find Finchley?
4. Thatcher became Prime Minister in 1979 and targeted which of the following as one of her first priorities?
B. foreign affairs
D. promoting union membership
5. Which of the following nicknames was not applied to Margaret Thatcher?
A. Thoroughly Modern Maggie
B. Atilla the Hen
C. Thatcher the Milk Snatcher
D. The Iron Lady
6. A number of unions went on strike in protest against Thatcher's policies. Which union suffered the most in a protracted strike?
A. Miners' Union
B. Waterside Workers' Union
C. Postal Workers' Union
D. Transport Workers' Union
7. Where did an assassination attempt on Margaret Thatcher take place in 1984?
B. Bognor Regis
8. Which of the following quotes has not been made by Margaret Thatcher?
A. The thing women have yet to learn is nobody gives you power. You just take it.
B. If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.
C. It may be the cock that crows, but it's the hen that lays the eggs.
D. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, then you aren't.
9. About whom was Margaret Thatcher referring when she said, "I like Mr ________________. We can do business"?
A. Ronald Reagan
B. Brian Mulroney
C. Mikhail Gorbachev
D. Lech Walesa
10. Upon her resignation from parliament in 1992, what title was bestowed on Margaret Thatcher?
Conditions of Use