for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ulysses S. Grant: 18th U.S. President, Part 2
Facts and figures regarding President U.S. Grant.
August 07, 2011
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Ulysses S Grant
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ulysses S. Grant @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What does the "S" denote in President U.S. Grant's name?
B. nothing, it's just a letter
2. Where was U.S. Grant born?
A. Cleveland, Ohio
B. Point Pleasant, Ohio
C. West Point, NY
D. Port Huron, Ohio
3. Why did Grant, a U.S. Captain, resign from the Army in 1854?
A. to join the Gold Rush in Califorina
B. to run for U.S. President
C. to prevent a court martial for being drunk on duty
D. as a protest against the U.S.'s support of slavery
4. What was Grant's first command during the Civil War?
A. all union forces in Tennessee
B. a rag-tag regiment from Illinois
C. command of all of the Union armies in the field
D. Senior General of the Quartermaster Corp
5. What was Lincoln's response to the rumors of Grant's hard drinking lifestyle during the Civil War?
A. Grant was called to Washington, and censured by the Secretary of War
B. Lincoln ignored the rumors
C. Lincoln had the military police spy on Grant to watch his drinking
D. Lincoln suggested sending all of the other generals a barrel of the same whiskey
6. Who did Grant commision to conquer Georgia?
A. Robert E. Lee
B. John C. Freemont
C. Andrew H. Foote
D. William T. Sherman
7. What political party did Grant chose for his Presidential run?
8. What did Grant's brother-in-law do, causing a major scandal for President Grant?
A. provided tips to corner the gold market
B. actively worked to restrict freedoms of freed slaves
C. Joined the KKK
D. fathered a child with a black slave
9. What was Grant's slogan for the 1868 Presidential Campaign?
A. A New Day for the Union!
B. Let us Have Peace!
C. No Frenchman in Mexico!
D. Union or Die!
10. What famous author assisted Grant in his final months, both financially and in his literary work?
A. Horatio Algiers
B. Nathaniel Hawthorn
C. Samuel Clemens
D. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Conditions of Use