for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Hyman G. Rickover
Hyman G. Rickover was a sailor, a technical genius, and the primary motivator of Naval Nuclear Propulsion. The program still carries his spirit, more than 50 years AFTER the launch of the first Nuclear Powered Submarine.
August 22, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Hyman G Rickover
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Hyman Rickover Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was Rickover's final rank in the US Navy?
A. one-star admiral
B. two-star admiral
C. three-star admiral
D. four-star admiral
2. How long was Admiral Rickover on active Navy service?
A. 43 years
B. 53 years
C. 63 years
D. 72 years
3. On what US Battleship did Rickover serve early on in his Naval career?
A. USS Nevada
B. USS New Jersey
C. USS Arizona
D. USS Maine
4. Rickover was the Officer in Charge of developing Naval Nuclear Propulsion; what other facility was under the auspices of Rickover simultaneously?
A. Three Mile Island
B. Fatboy and Mother's Breath
C. The Hydrogen Bomb Project
D. Shippingport Atomic Power Station
5. How many nuclear accidents or accidental radiological releases have occurred on US Naval Nuclear Power Plants?
6. What year did Rickover enter Annapolis (US Naval Academy)?
7. What US President was a graduate of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program?
A. Richard Nixon
B. Gerald Ford
C. Jimmy Carter
D. Jack Kennedy
8. When was Rickover selected for flag rank (US Navy Admiral)?
A. when he successfully completed the first submarine reactor installation.
B. when the first nuclear submarine keel was layed.
C. when selected as the director of Naval Nuclear Propulsion.
D. when Congress and the President demanded he be promoted.
9. Rickover was born in:
A. Russian-occupied Lithiuania
B. Russian-occupied Poland
D. Russian-occupied Siberia
10. Submarine construction General Manager P. Takis Veliotis, Electric Boat Shipyard, was a nemisis of Rickover. How did the 'silent war' end for Veliotis?
A. Veliotis was vindicated and Rickover discharged from the Navy.
B. Veliotis was convicted under RICO and jailed for 5 years.
C. Veliotis was indicted, but fled to Greece to retire in luxury.
D. Veliotis died during a blowout with Rickover.
Pine River Consulting 2022