for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Isaac Newton - Scientific Genius
The story of the man with a mind like no other - Isaac Newton.
September 22, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Isaac Newton Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Isaac Newton's father died before he was born in 1642. Who raised Newton?
A. maternal grandfather
B. paternal grandfather
C. maternal grandmother
D. maternal aunt
2. Isaac Newton studied at which famous educational institution?
A. Cambridge University
B. Greenwich Observatory
C. Royal Society
D. Oxford University
3. At what age had Isaac Newton practically formulated his laws on gravitational theory?
4. Which branch of mathematics did Isaac Newton develop?
C. computational theory
5. What commonplace scientific discovery did Isaac Newton make in 1666?
A. magnetic poles
B. surface tension of water
C. white light spectrum
D. air pressure
6. What scientific aid did Isaac Newton devise in 1668?
B. reflecting telescope
C. ship's chronometer
D. refracting telescope
7. By what age had Isaac Newton made most of his discoveries?
8. Which famous British scientist was a friend and advisor of Isaac Newton?
A. Michael Faraday
B. Edmond Halley
C. William Herschel
D. John Flamsteed
9. Isaac Newton's greatest work, explaining the laws of physical motion is commonly known by what Latin name?
10. To which brand of superstition was Isaac Newton a devotee?
C. fortune telling
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by