for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Horatio Nelson - Hero of Trafalgar
A quiz about the English naval hero who memorably told his crew, "England expects that every man will do his duty." Questions about the life and career of Horatio Nelson.
September 29, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Horatio Nelson Public Domain Photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What affliction dogged Horatio Nelson through most of his naval career?
B. sea sickness
D. migraine headaches
2. At the Battle of Corsica in 1794 Horatio Nelson lost his right eye as the result of what action?
A. rifle shot
B. sword fight
C. sand and stones flung into his eye
D. flying embers
3. At the Battle of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in 1797, Horatio Nelson lost which other body part?
A. right arm
B. left arm
C. right leg
D. left leg
4. At the Battle of Copenhagen in 1801, why did Horatio Nelson place a telescope over his blind eye?
A. He wanted to confuse the enemy
B. He didn't want to see the signal that ordered him to retreat
C. To inspire his men
D. He had drunk too much rum that morning
5. Nelson's victory at the Battle of the Nile in 1798 is regarded as one of his most brilliant. Which nation did he defeat?
6. Following the Battle of the Nile, Horatio Nelson received what title?
7. While married to another woman, Horatio Nelson engaged in an affair with which woman?
A. Jane Fitzwilliam
B. Emma Hamilton
C. Sarah Anderson
D. Charlotte Deveraux
8. Nelson's most famous victory was the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, where he was fatally wounded. Where is Trafalgar?
9. Upon his death, what rank did Horatio Nelson hold?
A. Vice Admiral
C. Rear Admiral
D. Commander of the Fleet
10. Horatio Nelson's leadership style may be best summarised as?
C. heavy reliance on chance and tarot cards
D. consultative with others and improvement of conditions at sea
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by