for extra features!
Like playing PeopleQuiz games? Help keep our site alive and growing with a donation at our Go Fund Me page today!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Wilbur and Orville Wright
A quiz about the life, careers and inventions of the Wright Brothers, who changed the face of war and travel. Wilbur and Orville Wright were true pioneers!
October 01, 2011
Amazing "Firsts" in History!
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wilbur and Orville Wright)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Wilbur and Orville Wright operated what kind of enterprise to help fund their flying projects?
A. bicycle shop
B. blacksmith shop
C. steam engine suppliers
D. balloon flights
2. In 1899 the Wright brothers decided to learn to do what?
A. drive a car
B. operate a locomotive
C. navigate using a sextant
3. What aspect did the Wright brothers regard as the most important in their preparation for their first powered flight?
A. How to get the contraption off the ground
B. Landing the craft safely
C. How to control the plane once it was in the air
D. Finding a location best suited to their plans
4. The Wright brothers built a wind tunnel and tested how many different wing shapes?
A. about 100
B. over 200
C. over 500
D. over 1000
5. The Wright brothers first flew a powered craft successfully at Kill Devil Hill, Kitty Hawk on December 17 of what year?
6. In which U.S. state is Kitty Hawk?
A. North Dakota
B. South Dakota
C. North Carolina
D. South Carolina
7. How many witnesses were there to see this first powered flight?
8. In 1908 Wilbur Wright took an aircraft to which country, mainly to prove his and his brother's claims?
9. In September, 1908 Orville Wright crashed a plane in Virginia. What was the result of this accident?
A. Orville never flew again
B. Orville was injured and a passenger killed
C. The U S Army cancelled its impending contract
D. All the above
10. How many times did Wilbur and Orville Wright fly together?
A. They never flew together
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by