for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Alfred Nobel
Alfred Nobel was a Swedish chemist, engineer, innovator, and armaments manufacturer. Try your luck on this trivia quiz about his life, career and achievements.
October 01, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Alfred B Nobel
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Alfred Nobel was born in Stockholm, Nobel but grew up with his family in what city?
A. Saint Petersburg, Florida (USA)
B. New England, USA
C. London, England
D. Saint Petersburg, Russia
2. Where did did Alfred Nobel study chemistry?
3. What was Alfred Nobel's primary business focus, upon joining the family business?
A. humanitarian projects
D. deep sea mining
4. What mistake was linked with Alfred Nobel's creation of the foundation associated with his name?
A. His premature and unflattering obituary
B. A brush with communist guerrillas
C. A mistake with dynamite in a nunnery
D. A trip to the slums of Calcutta
5. Which of the following is a Nobel Prize category?
A. Athletic Prowess
B. Physical Science
C. Atomic Physics
D. Space Science
6. For what is the The Nobel Peace Prize awarded?
A. Reducing the number of national borders
B. The furtherance of peace congresses
C. Establishment of legislative complexity
D. Leadership in military organizations
7. One of the companies Alfred Nobel personally acquired sold weapons to both sides in WWII. What was the company?
A. Noble Alternatives
C. Seimens Automatic Weapons
D. Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
8. How many times was Alfred Nobel married?
9. Nobel credited which of the following skills for his success in life?
A. indifference to human suffering
B. language skills - 6 languages
C. culinary skills and gusto
D. formal education throughout the world: USA, Russia, Europe, and Austraila
10. Nobel was a member of an organization that selects winners of the Nobel Prizes; what was the organization that selects winners in Physics and Chemistry?
A. The London Academy of Sciences
B. Louvre Museum Board of Overseers
C. Smithsonian Institution Executive Committee
D. Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by