for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - U.S.A. - State Nicknames II
A trivia quiz on US state nicknames.
October 30, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: USA Map)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. This State remarks on the mountainous beauty when choosing "Gem of the Mountain" as a nickname.
2. The regular Continental Army Troops during the Revolutionary War give this Old Line State its nickname.
3. Hoosier is the nickname of the state of Indiana. What is a meaning of Hoosier?
A. A draught cart for beer.
B. A person engaged in driving Canostota wagons - a teamster.
C. A person who move cotton bales into ships holds.
D. A basketball coach or referee.
4. The Pelican State is a tribute to the native bird. What is the state?
5. The â€œHawkeye Stateâ€ was first suggested by James G. Edwars as a tribute to Indian leader Chief Black Hawk as a nickname for this state:
6. The bluish-purple buds that are seen in large fields in this state, give the state its nickname.
7. The prolific wildflowers give Kansas its state nickname. What flower in particular is IN the nickname?
B. Golden Poppies
C. Opium Poppies
D. Maryjane Poppies
8. This state takes pride in its agricultural businesses and is justifiably called the Garden State.
A. New York
B. New Jersey
9. The Bay State is nicknamed for its big bays and harbors.
10. This state celebrates its Prairie State nickname for a week each September.
11. The "Pine Tree State"Â recognizes the white pine tree, an officially designated state symbol; the state possesses over 17 million acres of forests.
Pine River Consulting 2022