for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Barry Sadler: Green Beret, Singer, and Author
Barry Sadler was an American soldier, author and musician. Sadler served as a Green Beret medic with the rank of Staff Sergeant in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War.
November 29, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Barry Sadler @ absquad.net)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. As a Green Beret in Vietnam in 1965, Sadler was injured by what:
A. feces covered punji sticks.
B. mortar fire.
C. slashed with a machete.
D. shot by an AK-47 round.
2. After healing from his war wounds, Sadler made a promise to himself to:
A. give away the rights to his song "The Ballad of the Green Berets"
B. To make his fortune in Hollywood.
C. To write a song about Green Berets - and wrote the "The Ballad of the Green Berets."
D. Return to Vietnam as a civilian.
3. Sadler wrote a series of books under the heading of 'Casca', which featured:
A. A Roman soldier that lived and fought eternally.
B. A drug lord that used the Vietnam War to addict US Soldiers.
C. A fictional world, based around a river valley full of immortals, fighting, living, and being resurrected.
D. An American Soldier turing around the Vietnam War, and later becoming US President.
4. Sadler was being harassed by a former boyfriend of his girlfriend. When the man, Lee Emerson Bellamy, aggressively approached Sadler, what was the end result?
A. Sadler beat the man into a coma.
B. Sadler shot the man and killed him.
C. Sadler ran away, and his girlfriend was killed by her former boyfriend.
D. The police arrived, and Sadler ran for protection.
5. Sadler moved to Guatemala City in the mid 1980s, and was shot in the head. What did his companions claim he was doing in this time period?
A. Drinking too much and fighting with the locals over drugs.
B. Training Contras from Nicaragua.
C. Harassing Cuban Intelligence Agents in Mexico, for the CIA.
D. Writing religious pamphlets for Catholic Charities.
6. As a child, Sadler's parents were:
A. migrant workers.
B. Democrat political operatives.
C. military: mom was US Navy and his father was in the Airforce.
D. professional gamblers.
7. How much education did Sadler receive before joining the US Military?
A. 10th grade of high school.
B. 11th grade of high school.
C. graduate of high school.
D. Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts.
8. When Sadler joined the US military, what branch did he first join?
A. US Coast Guard.
B. US Marine Corps.
C. US Navy.
D. US Airforce.
9. What was Sadler's primary mission specialty in the US Army Green Berets?
A. Combat medic.
C. Operations Specialist.
D. Language Specialist: Oriental.
10. Which famous musician mentioned Sadler in the song "A Simple Desultory Philippic (or How I Was Robert McNamara'd into Submission)," circa 1965?
A. Mick Jaeger
B. Jim Morrison
C. Paul Simon
D. Art Garfunkel
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by