for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Menachem Begin: Israeli Leader and Nobel Prize Winner
Menachem Begin was a politician, founder of Likud and the sixth Prime Minister of the State of Israel. Before independence, he was the leader of the Zionist militant group Irgun.
December 04, 2011
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons: Menachem Begin)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. With whom did Begin share a Nobel Peace prize in 1979?
A. Jimmy Carter
B. Margaret Thatcher
C. Anwar Sadat
D. Mahmoud Abbas
2. Begin's memoir "White Nights" details his relationship with the USSR in the early 1940s. What was his relationship with the USSR?
A. trained Begin to be a soldier.
B. trained Begin to be a sailor.
C. tortured and imprisoned Begin.
D. sent Begin to Britan to spy against the Americans and the English.
3. In British Mandate of Palestine, Begin felt the Zionists should follow what course to convince the British to leave Palestine?
A. Guerrilla tactics.
B. Non-violent protests.
C. Binding arbitration through the League of Nations.
D. Bribery and skullduggery.
4. How did Begin finance his rebellion against the British in the mid-1940s?
A. Stolen artwork from Germany.
B. Piracy and white slavery.
C. Smuggling opium to China.
D. Bogus robbery scams and extortion.
5. In August 1948, Begin and members of the Irgun High Command emerged from the underground and formed the right-wing political party known as:
A. Stern Group
B. Knesset ("Assembly")
C. Hatzohar ("Union of Revisionist Zionists")
D. Herut ("Freedom").
6. Albert Einstein and other prominent Americans published a letter as Begin toured the USA (1949) that compared Begin to whom?
A. Benedict Arnold betraying the Isrealis.
B. Nazis and Facists
C. Ghandi in his peaceful protests and behaviour.
D. George Washington, with Begin being the "Father" of the modern Jewish Nation.
7. Begin's party won a significant majority of what group in 1977?
A. The rich and the super rich.
B. New immigrants.
C. Working class urban neighborhoods and peripheral towns.
D. The poor and the destitute.
8. In 1978 Begin, negotiated the Camp David Accords, and in 1979 signed the __________ Peace Treaty with some help from President Jimmy Carter.
9. What precipitated the Begin Doctrine, regarding proactive measures against potential weapons of mass destruction on the borders of Israel?
A. The reactor plant in Syria.
B. The reactor plant in Iraq.
C. The reactor in Iran.
D. The reactor in Chernobyl.
10. What did Begin die of in 1992?
B. Heart Attack
D. Liver Failure
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by