for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ernest Borgnine
What do you know about Ernest Borgnine?
January 01, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What role did Ernest Borgnine play on the 1960s sitcom,
A. Quartermaster George "Christy" Christopher
B. Ensign Charles Parker
C. Captain Wallace "Wally" Burton Binghamton
D. Lieutenant Commander Quinton McHale
2. In what branch of the military did Mr. Borgnine serve?
D. Air Force
3. After his military service in World War II, someone close to Ernest suggested that he pursue a more glamorous profession and suggested that his personality would be well-suited for the stage. Who was it?
A. his mother
B. his father
C. his grandmother
D. his grandfather
4. Borgnine has been married several times. To which one of his wives was he married for only one month?
A. Rhoda Kemins
B. Katy Jurado
C. Ethel Merman
D. Donna Rancourt
5. For his role in what movie did Mr. Borgnine win the Academy Award for Best Actor>
A. The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
B. The Dirty Dozen (1967)
C. Marty (1955)
D. From Here to Eternity (1953)
6. What role did Ernest Borgnine play on the 1980s TV drama,
A. Caitlin Oâ€™Shannessy
B. Stringfellow Hawke
C. Michael Coldsmith Briggs III
D. Dominic Santini
7. What role did Ernest Borgnine play in the 1953 film,
From Here to Eternity
A. Sergeant "Fatso" Judson
B. First Sergeant Milton Warden
C. Private Robert E. Lee "Prew" Prewitt
D. Private First Class Mazzioli
8. Ernest Borgnine played Detective Lieutenant Mike Rogo in the 1972 disaster movie,
The Poseidon Adventure.
How did his character fare?
A. killed when the tsunami hit
B. killed in the middle of the movie
C. almost gets rescued but gets killed helping another passenger toward the end of the movie
D. survives and is rescued
9. Ernest Borgnine was the only actor to star in all four
movies. What was the name of his character?
A. Maj. Gen. Worden
B. Maj. John Reisman
C. Sgt. Clyde Bowren
D. Maj. Max Armbruster
10. Which of the following is not true about Ernest Borgnine?
A. his daughter is a Protestant minister
B. Is a member of the Freemasons and is a Master Mason
C. was the very first "center square" on "The Hollywood Squares"
D. had both knees replaced.in 1999
Pine River Consulting 2022