for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Napoleon Bonaparte - Part II
More information on the man who took France from its revolution to military glory and then back to despair. Napoleon trivia and facts!
March 03, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Upon assuming leadership of France, Napoleon instituted great changes under a system known as?
A. Revolutionary renewal
B. Code Napoleon
C. A new France
D. The Third Empire
2. In 1802 a referendum voted overwhelmingly (99%) to bestow what honor on Napoleon?
3. In December 1804, Napoleon was crowned Emperor of France by whom?
A. Pope Pius VII
B. His wife, Josephine
C. Cardinal Richelieu of Notre Dame
4. Why did Napoleon divorce his wife, Josephine in 1809?
A. She had failed to produce an heir
B. She had conducted an affair with Napoleon's Chief of Staff
C. He became suspicious of his wife's Austrian heritage as France was at war with Austria.
D. She requested a divorce, tired of being overlooked by her husband.
5. What was the aim of Napoleon's reorganization of much of Europe?
A. To create a European super state
B. To institute French culture and language throughout the continent.
C. To prepare for an invasion of the American colonies.
D. To weaken Britain by cutting it off from most of European trade.
6. Why was Napoleon's invasion of Spain in 1808 regarded as a tactical blunder?
A. He had no real quarrel with Spain who eventually sided with the British.
B. The invasion brought Wellington and his army into Europe in the Peninsula War.
C. His already tired and weakened army was not ready for such a campaign.
D. He was spreading his forces too thinly.
7. The invasion of which country in 1812 was a debacle from which Napoleon and France never fully recovered?
8. Under what circumstances was Napoleon placed on the island of Elba in 1814?
A. The French Parliament ordered his removal.
B. Following the loss of the Spanish War.
C. He abdicated with France under attack from two sides
D. A popular uprising from the citizens of France, wanting a return to revolutionary times.
9. Napoleon was eventually defeated at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815 by the English army and the forces of what other European nation?
10. Napoleon died on the island of St Helena in 1821. Where are his remains buried?
A. Les Invalides
B. Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
C. Under the Arc de Triomphe
D. Notre Dame Cathedral
Conditions of Use