for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mackinac Bridge
Drive over this trivia quiz about the history, construction and facts about the Mackinac Bridge!
March 10, 2012
North American Geography
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Mackinac Bridge @ mackinacbridge.org)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what state is the Mackinac Bridge located?
C. New York
2. In what decade was the Mackinac Bridge opened for travel?
3. What body of water does the Mackinac Bridge span?
A. Lake Erie
B. Tahquamenon River
C. Straits of Mackinac
D. St. Marys River
4. What is the approximate length of the Mackinac Bridge?
A. 3 miles (4.8km)
B. 4 miles (6.4km)
C. 5 miles (8 km)
D. 6 miles (9.7km)
5. The Mackinac Bridge is a piece of what highway?
6. Which of the following is a nickname for the Mackinac Bridge?
A. Big Mac
B. Mighty Mac
C. Mac the Bridge
D. Both A and B
7. The first person to drive a vehicle across the Mackinac Bridge was supposed to be Michigan Governor G. Mennen Williams. However, his wife ended up driving with him as a passenger. Why didn't the governor drive as planned?
A. he was sick that day but didn't want to miss the festivities
B. he was too frightened to drive over the bridge
C. he forgot his driver's license on the trip from Lansing to Mackinac
D. he wanted to observe the view as his wife drove
8. Respectively, what cities sit on the north and south ends of the Mackinac Bridge?
A. St. Ignace and Mackinaw City
B. Sault Ste. Marie and Mackinaw City
C. St. Ignace and Petoskey
D. St. Ignace and Cheyboygan
9. The Mackinac Bridge was designed by engineer David B. Steinman. Where did Mr. Steinman call home?
A. New York City
B. Detroit, MI
C. Minneapolis, MN
D. Toronto, ON Canada
10. Traditionally, people are allowed to walk across the Mackinac Bridge only once per year. What day is it?
A. Memorial Day
B. Labor Day
C. Fourth of July
D. New Years Day
Pine River Consulting 2022