for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Emerson, Lake and Palmer
Progressive rock's first supergroup, ELP paved the way for other proggers like Yes, Rush and Marillion. Awesome Emerson, Lake and Palmer trivia right here!
April 18, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: ELP @ emersonlakepalmer.com/)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Before forming ELP with Keith Emerson in 1970, Greg Lake was a member of what progressive rock band?
A. Atomic Rooster
B. Procol Harum
C. The Nice
D. King Crimson
2. What instrument did Carl Palmer play for Emerson, Lake and Palmer?
3. What color is the bird on the cover of ELP's eponymous debut album "Emerson, Lake & Palmer"?
4. The Tarkus is depicted as a half animal and half mechanical creature on the front of the album, "Tarkus." What type of animal is it?
5. What was the name of the record label launched by Emerson, Lake & Palmer's production company in 1973?
A. Trilogy Records
B. ELP Records
C. Tarkus Records
D. Manticore Records
6. What was the first live album released by Emerson, Lake & Palmer?
A. Live at the Royal Albert Hall
B. Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends
C. Pictures at an Exhibition
D. In Concert
7. On what ELP studio album will you find the song "The Endless Enigma"?
B. Pictures at an Exhibition
C. Brain Salad Surgery
8. What ELP instrumental, found on the album, "Brain Salad Surgery," is based on the Fourth Movement of Alberto Ginastera's 1st Piano Concerto?
D. Danzas argentinas
9. What 1978 ELP album was produced solely to satisfy contractual obligations with the group's record company and has been described as a critical and commercial disappointment?
A. In the Hot Seat
B. Black Moon
C. Love Beach
10. Keith Emerson and Greg Lake had planned to re-form the original ELP in 1985 but drummer Carl Palmer was unavailable because of contractual obligations to what band?
A. Dream Theater
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by