for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Roman Catholic Church
Say a prayer then take this trivia quiz about the world's largest Christian church. Great Roman Catholic facts!
April 21, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Catholic Church @ vatican.va)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following is not an element of the defined mission of the Roman Catholic Church?
A. eating fish on Fridays
B. exercising charity
C. administering the sacraments
D. spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ
2. The Roman Catholic Church teaches that:
A. it is the one true Church founded by Jesus Christ
B. its bishops are the successors of Christ's apostles
C. the Pope is the successor to St. Peter
D. all of the above
3. On what day does the Roman Catholic Church celebrate Christ's Resurrection from the dead?
A. Good Friday
B. Holy Thursday
C. Holy Saturday
D. Easter Sunday
4. In what country does the Pope live?
B. Vatican City
5. During the Mass, bread and wine are supernaturally changed into Christ's body and blood. What is this called?
6. Which of the following is not a Sacrament of Christian initiation?
7. Which Catholic Ecumenical Council resulted in doctrine that allowed the Mass to be said in the vernacular (local language)?
A. Lateran V
B. Council of Trent
C. Vatican I
D. Vatican II
8. Which apostle did Jesus designate as the first head of his Church, in essence making him the first pope?
9. Which pope instituted World Youth Day, a "worldwide encounter with the Pope", for young people from all over the world which is celebrated every two to three years?
A. Paul VI
B. John Paul I
C. John Paul II
D. John XXIII
10. The Catholic Church holds that there is one eternal God, who exists as a mutual indwelling of three persons: God the Father; God the Son; and the Holy Spirit. This makes up the mutual indwelling called the:
Conditions of Use