for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Lions Through the Ages
The King of Beasts has captured the imagination of many from the beginning of time. Discover the association lions had with various cities and notable figures from the past .
April 27, 2012
Animals & Animal Study
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What was the name of the main lion from the novel "Born Free"?
2. Which mythic hero wore the skin of the Nemean lion?
3. Which saint is usually depicted accompanied by a lion?
A. St David
B. St Jerome
C. St Andrew
D. St George
4. Who was the Roman slave who was saved by a lion?
5. Which nation has a rugby team known as The Lions?
A. New Zealand
C. Great Britain
6. Which Biblical figure was saved by a lion after being thrown into a lion's den?
7. Which European city has a winged lion as its emblem?
8. Which television family had a lion as a pet?
9. Which European city has the image of a mortally wounded lion carved in stone?
10. Which mythical figure is depicted driving a chariot drawn by two lions?
Conditions of Use