for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Empress Josephine
A quiz on the colorful life of Josephine du Beaucharnais who won the heart of Napoleon Bonaparte and became Empress of France.
April 29, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Joséphine de Beauharnais
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Empress Josephine Public Domain Image)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Josephine born on June 23, 1863?
C. Canary Islands
2. What physical drawback did Josephine possess?
A. club foot
B. rotten teeth
C. hare lip
D. facial tic
3. How old was Josephine when she first married?
4. How did Josephine survive the French Revolution?
A. She and her husband fled to Austria.
B. She joined the revolutionaries.
C. She and her husband were imprisoned.
D. She became the mistress of Napoleon, providing her with security.
5. Following the French Revolution, Josephine returned to French society as what?
A. A mistress to many powerful people
B. A member of a counter-revolutionary party
C. A bordello owner
D. An actress
6. How many children did Josephine and Napoleon have?
7. Josephine was crowned Empress of France in 1804 by whom?
A. The Pope
B. Her father
D. The Bishop of Notre Dame
8. Josephine's daughter from her first marriage, Hortense, married which relation of Napoleon's?
9. Napoleon did not divorce Josephine but had his marriage to her annulled on what grounds?
A. Her previous marriage had never been officially annulled.
B. The marriage was never consumated.
C. The parish priest was not present at the ceremony.
D. As emperor he could decree this happen.
10. Following the end of her marriage to Napoleon, what did Josephine do?
A. She sought refuge in a nunnery.
B. She fled to England, living out her remaining years.
C. She wrote a best-selling autobiography.
D. She continued to live a lavish lifestyle, courtesy of Napoleon.
Conditions of Use