for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Great Barrier Reef - The World's Largest Living Organism
A quiz on the the most remarkable collection of plants and animals in the world.
June 08, 2012
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the length of the Great Barrier Reef?
A. Over 1500km long
B. Over 1800km long
C. Over 2300km long
D. Over 2700km long
2. Which Queensland city is the major gateway to the Great Barrier Reef?
C. Port Douglas
3. The Great Barrier Reef contains over 600 islands. Which of the following is not one of them?
4. Which of the following is not true of the Great Barrier Reef?
A. It contains over 1500 species of fish.
B. Over 130 species of sharks and rays are found there.
C. It has over half of the world's soft corals.
D. Over 400 of the world's hard corals are on display.
5. James Cook ran aground on part of the Great Barrier Reef in 1770. Which town was founded near this site?
6. What natural feature is regarded as the greatest threat to the coral of the Great Barrier Reef?
A. Pacific Polyp Larvae
B. Crown of Thorns Starfish
C. South China Sea Starfish
D. Pacific Mussel
7. What is the estimated annual monetary value reef tourism brings to Queensland?
A. 2 billion dollars
B. 5 billion dollars
C. 7 billion dollars
D. 10 billion dollars
8. Which of the following man-made threats is not a problem for the Great Barrier Reef?
A. pesticide run-off
B. fertilizer run-off
C. crocodile farming
D. rubbish run -off
9. How many species of reptiles live in the vicinity of the Great Barrier Reef?
10. Which of the following human actions is not a threat to the Great Barrier Reef?
A. Reef walking
B. Spilt boat fuel
C. Boat anchor damage
D. Flash photography
Pine River Consulting 2022