for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Battle of the Little Big Horn
A quiz on Little Big Horn, the famous battle that has divided historians and spawned many books, opinions and movies.
November 25, 2012
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Battle of the Little Big Horn public domain photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what U S state is the Little Big Horn?
B. North Dakota
D. South Dakota
2. What action prompted the American Indian tribes to leave their reservations in 1875?
A. Repeated incursions by white settlers into sacred lands in the Black Hills
B. Imprisonment of Indian chief, Geronimo
C. Starvation caused by dishonest Indian agents who sold their food supplies to settlers
D. Removal of rifles which were used to hunt buffalo.
3. What rank did George Custer hold at the start of the battle?
A. Lieutenant Colonel
4. Which of the following North American Indian tribes was not part of the force that annihilated Custer and his troops?
5. What tactical error did Custer commit that has been cited as a major reason for his defeat?
A. Many of his cavalry soldiers were equipped with swords and lances only
B. He had advanced too far to enable sufficient supplies to reach him
C. He split his command into three units
D. He allowed his troops to be surrounded without ensuring he had an escape option.
6. Approximately how many of Custer's troops died in the Battle of the Little Big Horn?
7. How long did the Battle of the Little Big Horn take?
A. one hour
B. three hours
C. six hours
D. two days
8. The Indian forces were under the command of which chief?
B. Sitting Bull
C. Crazy Horse
9. What geographical feature is the Little Big Horn?
10. Which of the following statements about the Battle of the Little Big Horn is not correct?
A. Custer was not dressed in army uniform
B. Some of the soldiers committed suicide to escape capture
C. Two of Custer's brothers died in the battle
D. Custer's body was scalped and mutilated
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by