for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Booker T Washington- Last Generation Slave
How much do you know about the former slave who dedicated his life to the education of African- Americans in the deep south?
March 04, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Booker T. Washington
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Booker T. Washington @ wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Booker T. Washington was born a slave in what state?
D. South Carolina
2. What was Booker T. Washington's powerful network of supporters called by his opponents?
A. The Tuskegee Machine
B. The Tuskegee Train
C. Washington's Warriors
D. Washington's Army
3. Booker T. Washington became the first leader of what institution in 1895?
A. Spelman College
B. Morehouse College
C. Howard University
D. Tuskegee Institution
4. Booker T. Washington first came to national prominence after what speech?
A. Speech at Clermont
B. The Atlanta Address of 1895
C. Cast Down Your Bucket Where You Are
D. I have a Dream
5. What is the name of Booker T. Washington's autobiography?
A. The Future of the American Negro
B. The Negro in the South
C. Up From Slavery
D. Education In The Deep South
6. Booker T. Washington was instrumental in helping to found what college in 1891?
A. Tuskegee University
B. West Virginia State
C. Fisk University
D. Dillard University
7. Booker T. Washington was invited to dinner at the White House by which U.S. President?
A. William Howard Taft
B. William McKinley
C. Grover Cleveland
D. Theodore Roosevelt
8. What was considered as Booker T. Washington's greatest life's work?
A. The education of blacks in the south
B. American Citizenship for former slaves
D. The right to vote for African- Americans
9. Booker T. Washington was the first African- American to do what?
A. Be invited to the White House
B. Appear on a postage stamp
C. Appear on a U. S. coin
D. All of the above
10. The first ship named after an African- American, the Booker T. Washington, was what type of ship?
A. A Schooner
B. A Libertyship
C. An Ocean Liner
D. A Battleship
Conditions of Use